Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Foolish fold?

FullTiltPoker 6-max - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em
Seat 2: Hero ($212.75)
Seat 3: Villain1 ($316.75)
Seat 4: Villain2 ($317.25)
Hero posts the small blind of $1
Villain1 posts the big blind of $2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Tc Td]
Villain2 raises to $8
JJProdigys Gran folds
jazzdock folds
Hero raises to $26
Villain1 has 15 seconds left to act
Villain1 raises to $76
<--- raising happily into a raiser and re-raiser.... monster here!

When I saw the raise from the BB I knew my Tens were miles behind, and decided I was done with this hand.

Villain2 has 15 seconds left to act
Villain2 has requested TIME
Villain1: lol
Villain2 calls $68 <--- trapping with a monster

When the second villain smooth called the re-re-raise in position, I knew I was up against 2 monsters, and as I already suspected, my Tens were nowhere near the best hand.

Hero has 15 seconds left to act
Hero folds

However, when the second villain chose to flat call the raise, it was only 50 more to me to call and close the action, then hope for a set. If I hit, I knew from the preflop action that I'd triple my stack. I think that meant I was priced in for set mining.... but I folded.

Was this a mistake??

*** FLOP *** [Th 7s 3d] <--- frack me!

Villain1 has 15 seconds left to act
Villain1 bets $104
Villain2 has 15 seconds left to act
Villain2 has requested TIME
Villain2 raises to $241.25, and is all in
Villain1 calls $136.75, and is all in
Villain2 shows [Ad Ac]
Villain1 shows [As Ah]

Look forward to any feedback....

5 comments:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Very close but fold is probably correct. You said you could triple up if you hit the flop. You don't exactly know that. Only if you truly knew, that, then the call is correct. But how do you know one of them doesn't have AK? The other question though is is this 3 handed or are you just including the 3 involved in a 6 handed match. If it were just 3 handed, I'm pretty sure I woulda gone broke here (or tripled up). But I have no read on the villain so based on no read, I go broke with TT if it's just 3 handed.

Nothing wrong with folding though. "what would have been" is a silly thought in poker.

Klopzi said...

I agree with Alan.

If it's 3-handed, I'd push here. If not, I'd either push or fold depending on my read of the other players.

Given that you're playing with 100 BB in your stack, the fold is the better move I'd think. Even if just one of your opponents would make this move with only TT+ and AK (and the other with any pair or any two broadway), you're in a world of hurt.

You've also got zero fold equity in this spot, I'd think.

Fuel55 said...

Yo u have to fold - no set mining odds to speak of.

SubZero said...

This was actually a 6-handed game, I just cut the HH down to the 3 principals.

Was sat at the table for a long while, and my read of both players was that they were both solid. Given the pf action I also read they both had either AA/KK or QQ at the absolute worst.

Guess the fold was correct after all, I just had my doubts. Was an entirely new (and interesting) situation for me to consider, thanks guys for the advice....

seymour:cards said...

for what little its worth i say fold as well. essentially your playing a drawing hand if you are that confident they have at minimum qq, if thats the case and you want to play a drawing hand for 33% of your stack pre flop then play some suited connectors, gives you a few more outs