Friday, November 16, 2007

Poor play

Have been reviewing my play and recently it has been far from pretty. I have found that I am not playing according to simple rules that I know ensure results. Rules like don't always c-bet, even in position. Like don't bluff the turn or river when playing $1/2. Don't lead at pots as a c-bet when out of position. And don't call c-bets on dangerous boards with weak draws - in fact, don't call any bets with weak draws! This just illustrates how badly I've been playing, and I need to fix up and get my play back to being consistently good.

So, my new points of focus are:
  • don't play pots out of position without a preflop re-raise or a multiway pot
  • don't play multiway pots without a multiway-hand like a PP or suited-connector
  • play more pots in position by raising instead of limping
  • make a play at pots only in position
  • check and fold rather than check and call

On a happier note, I ran into cmitch briefly on a table at FTP and said hello. He was very potite and chatted with me briefly before leaving the table. I think he was a bit scared to be facing the might Sub_zero666, but then again he had more than doubled his buyin and was probably bored.

Anyway, gonna hit the tables now so catch you soon....

2 comments:

cmitch said...

LOL

It was good playing with you. I couldn't chat too much b/c I was playing 6 tables and had to leave shortly after you joined the table.

SubZero said...

No problem, it was just really fun to finally see a known blogger at one of my tables! Been waiting for ages for it to happen...