Saturday, April 14, 2007


Switching up a gear


I made it! Sooooo pleased that I have achieved my goal of making it to 20k, and making it before I got any grey hairs! Been doing some experimentation with a far more aggressive style a very good friend of mine advised me to try, and in one session I was immediately able to reap the rewards. My reads seem watertight, and as for my bluffs, please see below!
The question now is what my next goal should be. My averages are very strong, I managed to double my bankroll in the space of 3 months, and at the moment it really seems that the sky's the (no-)limit. I'm sure I'll settle down quickly, and keep trying to rack up a reliable sample of my play ability, but for this weekend I'm just going to smile and enjoy life to the maximum. I have a reunion with my uni friends tonight, and I'm in the mood for fun.
Here's to summer folks......

Hand #40567549-70901 at Clifton (No Limit Hold'em)
Make_It_Rain posts the small blind of $2.
Kabul posts the big blind of $4.

Kabul: -- --
DaniStar5: -- --
cismodules: -- --
ffiisshhyy: -- --
Incrediboy: Ts 8c
Make_It_Rain: -- --

Pre-flop:
DaniStar5 folds. cismodules folds. ffiisshhyy
folds. Incrediboy raises to $14. Make_It_Rain
folds. Kabul calls.

Flop (board: Kc Kd 2h):
Kabul checks. Incrediboy bets $15. (probe with my 'big hand')
Kabul raises to $65. (tries to pull a fast one on Big Daddy)
Incrediboy re-raises to $140. ("what are you trying to pull?" I say)
Kabul calls. (thinks and then calls reluctantly)

Turn (board: Kc Kd 2h 2d):
Kabul checks. Incrediboy goes all-in for $302.70. (made my 'full house')
Kabul folds. (villain exposed for a fish!)
Incrediboy is returned $302.70 (uncalled).

Hand #40567549-70901 Summary:
$3 is raked from a pot of $310.
Incrediboy wins $307. (Big Daddy gets the bacon)
----------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: