Saturday, March 01, 2008

Month End

So it's already been a whole month as a pro. Went by pretty damn quick. But I've been enjoying it.

I had to post a letter early in the morning yesterday, and as I was walking back from the post box to the flat I saw all the people in suits and such waiting for their bus into work. I smiled to myself, not because I think less of people who work in offices but because I am happy to be taking a break from that world.

I don't miss the commute. I don't miss the banal social pleasantries exchanged with so-called 'workmates'. I don't miss the massive overhead of administrative work and policy that comes with working for a large company. With poker, work equals reward. It's a vocation in it's purest form, and I love it for that very simplicity. You put in the time and the effort, and over time you get to reap the respectable bounty.

In other words, I aint got cold feet yet. I've started well and I mean to continue improving. Sure I've made lots of mistakes. But I've learned a tonne, and am feeling capable. Next month is like a blank canvas... or maybe a blank spreadsheet. I'm gonna paint it black.




10 comments:

DasLoot said...

Nice results, (apart from week 3)for your first month as a pro fisk :)

Mike Bassett said...

Good start to your new career!

Keep it up, gl

ROSSI said...

Nice results, it definately is a rat race and your best off out of it.

SubZero said...

Cheers guys, will keep you posted.

Gonna try write more strategy stuff and less results going forward, hopefully something that will be helpful or constructive...

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Good work man! But that is a lot of hours... And yes, that's coming from me!

Anonymous said...

No new posts in awhile, how is the pro tour treating you?

Mr. Jackie O'Quinn said...

Aren't you due for an update?

Sir Nemo said...

Very nice results! If you consistently get results like that, you will be well over 6 figures! How much of a bankroll do you think one should have before going out on a limb and trying to play poker professionally?

Amatay said...

superb m8. whats lims/no of tables u play?

SubZero said...

Am playing anything from $1/2 to $3/6, with anywhere between 3 and 6 tables on the go. Hopefully when I get my bankroll going on FTP I'll be playing only $2/4 or higher...